Thursday, October 30, 2008

Relatively straight




I took these pictures this morning after Chance got the splint off. The vet I saw this morning refused to put it back on. He thought it was more detrimental to him at this point than it was helpful. He was a jerk and unprofessional in how he handled things in my opinion. I will not see him again. I have an appointment Monday afternoon to see Dr. White who put the splint on to begin with. If it seems to go downhill between now and in the morning I will see if I can see Dr. White tomorrow. Dr. Nelson said it couldn't get any worse when I asked what if it gets worse. He can put his paw down on his pads like he is supposed to now and he could not before so I do feel that there has been an improvement. There isn't much muscle tone in that lower part of his leg/foot but there wasn't much to begin with anyway since he wasn't using it. He lifts that leg up a lot more now with the splint off but hopefully he will use it more and things will improve rather than go back the other way. I guess we will see what Dr. White has to say tomorrow/Monday and go from there. I think we just need to stick with Dr. White as it gets very frustrated to deal with multiple doctors and their differing opinions.

No comments: