Monday, October 20, 2008

updates

Took Chance to the vet this morning. They couldn't figure out why he had a fever yesterday. Said to continue with the antibiotics. Changed the splint. It doesn't seem to be working. They took it off and put him on the ground and as soon as he stepped on the foot it went sideways like it was before and it isn't growing either. So, looks like amputation is likely to be in his future. :(
They wanted to give it one more week to see where we were and then I guess we will talk about where to go from there.

Oh, he had ear mites too. It irritates me that several people have mentioned or noted his dirty ears but haven't suggested that they be cleaned or that it looked like ear mites or anything. They were nasty and I've gotten more gunk out of them since we have been home. Hopefully we can get that cleared up soon. I asked the tech if they would clean them when we got there and she said sure. I will ask that they clean them again next week when we go in if they need it. Chance was not a happy camper with the whole ear cleaning thing but at least he doesn't try to bite them or anything but he will me sometimes when I am trying to do something like that.

He has played some today but mostly just seems to want to sleep. I miss my wild kitty that feels good but maybe before too much longer we can get him healthy and active again.

Talked to my mother last night and she said that Dad was in a considerable amount of pain with the thumb accident. He was braver this time and looked at his thumb within a few days of the injury. Last time it was weeks before he would look at it. Mom says the table saw is going on the curb or to my brother. I guess she is tired of nursing these injuries and somehow I don't think he is a very good patient although he says Mom is a good nurse.

Went to an awesome ladies conference this weekend. The speaker was great and her topics were very relevant to where I am at right now and the things that I am dealing with.

No comments: