Wednesday, October 8, 2008

How do I stay spiritual?

I've been watching the Women of Faith conference and pre-conference DVDs since I have been at home the past few days. During the pre-conference they have a question and answer session and a lady said that her husband had an affair and they were trying to work through that, her daughter had a mental illness and had been sick for three years and she was working 3 jobs to make ends meat. Her question was how do I stay spiritual through all of this. Patsy Clairmont, Anita Renfroe and Jan Silvious gave the following advice:

Take naps and sleep. When you are exhausted that gives the enemy territory to slip in and your spirituality to slip out.

Take vitamins because you body gets depleted when you are going through so much.

Surround yourself with Godly friends who will support you and pray with you and not judge you.

Stay in God's word as much as possible.

The best advice I think was to not try to stay spiritual.
It is not YOUR job to carry you but God's job to carry you so just relax into His arms.

If we try to stay spiritual in our own strength that is taking energy that we don't have.

So, just simply say to God "I can't. You can. You never said I could. You always said you would" and just let Him do it for you and relax into His arms.

2 comments:

Loveday's Day said...

I'm glad I have Christian friends that I can do Bible studies with.
Thanks

Sherry said...

I'm missing the study......trying to find your email....it's not on the laptop and I don't wanna get out of bed..... wanted to tell you I loved "In Search of Eden" couldn't put it down read it on the way home and finished it this morning. Have any more by Linda Nichols? If not I am going to have to get us some to pass around.