Tuesday, October 7, 2008

So pitiful

The best picture so far of the splint.



Here is how he came home. The other paw is bandaged because that is where they had the IV to give him fluids and they just took it out when I went to get him. As you can see, he was not too cooperative for picture taking!



This is the best picture of how his paw looked when he was walking on it. It didn't seem to bother him too much but the side was taking a beating for walking on it where it was not meant to be walked on.



He was SO pitiful after I picked him up. He meowed like crazy on the way home and it was the there is something really wrong kind of meow. He was quite hungry. I fed him around 2am and then he didn't get anything else to eat or drink until almost 6pm. I have never seen him drink so much milk or eat so much food at one time. I gave him milk first and he didn't get sick so I gave him soft food about an hour after that.

He has calmed down considerably since I brought him back home and he has even been playful late last night (when I so desperately wanted to sleep) and this morning. He does not like the splint at all. He keeps trying to sling it off and bite the bandage around it off. At least he doesn't seem to be in pain like I thought he was yesterday but it is just awkward for him and he seems to have a hard time getting comfortable sometimes.

We're just hanging out at home today and probably tomorrow and then not sure after that. I got permission to take him to work with me so I can watch him while the splint is on so that will be good. Maybe I can go in at least for a little while later in the week??? We will just see how he is doing.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Aww poor kitty, you are talking good care of Fred. Since he has no name I will call him Fred until he acquires a permanent name. Fred is blessed to have you as his owner.