Wednesday, October 1, 2008

It's a BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! & kitten naming contest


I got a little kitten today. It is cute. It's mom stopped feeding it - that was discovered last night. It has either an injury or birth defect in one of its front legs/paws. It twists backwards and to the side and the vet said it had five or six fractures in the tail. I'll probably have the leg x-rayed when I take him for his first round of shots to see what if anything can be done. It sounds like it would most likely require surgery and it wouldn't be fully functional but with the way the kitten is putting pressure on it, it could cause open sores and it might require amputation if that happens. I'll just keep a watch on him and discuss things with the vet when I go in for shots in about a month.

Oh, and I am doing a pet naming contest. Just comment to this post with your name suggestions and if I name the kitten something you suggested then you will win a gift certficate/card for a manicure/pedicure or a gift card to your favorite restaurant - your choice. The second place winner will be a random drawing of all who participate in this contest and they will receive a $10 gift card to the place of their choosing.

4 comments:

Loveday's Day said...

I think you should name him "Chance", because I think without you getting him today. He really did not have a chance. I have more, but I will post later.

Tommy said...

"Lucky Charm"

Lucky to be alive.
Going to live a charmed life with Rubber Ducky.

Sherry said...

Chimichanga (for the Mexican Food)

Rusty (he is orange)

Knickers

Nemo (because he has a bum fin and he is orange)

Snuggles

Pickles (you got him out of a pickle)

Archibald (Archie for short)

Anonymous said...

THE KITTEN IS SO CUTE.
BRAVEHEART IS MY 1ST CHOICE.
FIREBALL IS MY 2ND CHOICE.
TomKat's Sister