Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Webkinz and meltdowns

Today's birthday gift is the webkinz duck. I have had him for a long time and just never registered him so I thought he could be a birthday gift. I just have to think of a name for him. I guess he is going to be a boy!

Yesterday was a rough day. It was one big emotional meldown day. I feel like I am totally drained mentally, emotionally and physically. At least I did sleep okay last night - with the help of an ambien. I am still tired though as I was up twice - the first time with a low blood sugar and the second time with an upset stomach.

This has been a tough year in so many ways but there are so many others that are suffering way more than me. I have been following this blog of a 23 year old young lady with cystic fibrosis who just got a lung transplant a little over a month ago. She had been on the donor list for over 3 years and her own lungs gave out right before she got the new lungs. With the exception of one day, this young lady has been in the hospital for over a year now. I honestly cannot imagine that. She has had nothing but complications with the new lungs and was just told that the new lungs are so damaged now from all the infection that she has had that they want to re-list her for another transplant. She seems to be in pretty bad shape and unless she gets another set of lungs soon I am not sure that she will make it. I have no idea if she or her family are Christians or not. There isn't any indication on her blog that they are. I can't imagine trading my life for hers.

Even though things have been tough for me this year, there have been good things happen too. I have stepped out and done things I never thought I would. I have made some new friends and discovered some amazing things about current friendships that I have.

I feel that God is trying to teach me some important lessons and I am a stubborn one. I don't want to "get" the lesson sometimes. I want to learn to hear Him on the whisper instead of waiting for the brick that it usually takes to get my attention. Why do I always make things worse and insist on doing things the hard way???

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I'm praying for you my friend. I hope you get "recharged" soon. I'm still trying to. .

Michelle said...

Thanks, sherry! The good news is I cried off about 3 pounds worth of tears! Actually I didn't eat too much at all that day so the loss is probably temporary.