Sunday, August 24, 2008

Busy weekend!

CHECK OUT MY BATHROOM








This has been a crazy few days. I got up at 5am on Friday to be at work at 7am and then went straight to a scrapbooking crop but just shopped and visited for about an hour and then went home to clean until midnight! Got up at 5am again on Saturday morning to be at work at 7. I worked until noon and then came home to get the rest of my cleaning done and make some banana pudding for my company that was coming. Mom & Dad arrived around 2pm and we just visited and played with my Nintendo DS lite and the brain age game. My brother called about 5:30 and asked about bringing the kids over for a little while. We made hotdogs and mac& cheese and baked beans for dinner when the kids got there and played and ate while D&T went out to eat by themselves. The kids had their first soccer games of the season so they were still in their uniforms. Colin & Emma play on the same team which is mostly boys but Emma is quite aggressive and holds her own with those boys. I wish I had thought to get a picture of the kids in their cute uniforms. Colin had lost his first tooth since I saw him last weekend! Emma has a loose one but hasn't lost any yet. I can't believe they are old enough to be losing teeth already. After the kids all left I changed out a few things in my bathroom - finally. I really, really like the new stuff. Sunday morning I slept until 9am and could easily have slept longer. I made breakfast for Dad & I and didn't even manage to get a shower before Janet & Rose arrived. She remembered all of us this time since it hadn't been super long since she had seen us. I had a good visit with everyone this weekend. Oh, and I have a new piece of furniture now - a chair and a half Mom calls it. It is comfy I think. It was Mom & Dad's but they don't have room for it anymore so I decided that I wanted it.
Friday's birthday gift was a webkinz I think. I had originally drawn the Olive Garden gift card but put it back because I was supposed to do lunch with Mary but she had to cancel so TomKat and I went to El Palacio's instead. Saturday and Sunday were both books - one fiction and one non-fiction.






No comments: