Thursday, August 14, 2008

Today was a good day

I got an email from my old Sunday school teacher wishing me a happy early birthday. It was nice to get such a nice email from her with her well wishes.

Went to lunch with "TomKat" at Wings today. That was the first time I had been there. They really have a wide variety of things on their menu. Their salad was pretty good there I thought and the food was as well.

Another coworker gave me a card and $10. Hopefully it is real money! You never know with Monica. She joked and said it was "hot off the press".

Then I went to water aerobics and Laura, our instructor from the base class, taught the class tonight. It was good to see her again. I was there a little early so I got to talk with her a bit before class started. We really got a good workout tonight and got to use some of the equipment and we have not gotten to do that yet. We used some water weights and a kick board and we wear a belt that holds you up in the water. It will take a little getting used to that. We met a nice lady named Chris that works on the arsenal and she was encouraging us to try the "boot camp" class and telling us a little about the different instructors. The boot camp class is more challenging than the deep water so we will see how that goes. I think it starts next week but not too sure on that. Laura will start teaching next month several nights a week so I look forward to that.

When we left Mary walked out with me. I met her at class on the base. She got me a birthday present! I thought that was sweet and I sure wasn't expecting that. It was a little bath & body type basket. It had lotion and bath stuff and shower gel in it.

Got my usual card and $10 from my grandparents in the mail today and another birthday card from some people at my old church.

I think I am going to go and bake my birthday cake if I can stay up for a bit! I am a bit on the sleepy side but I should be able to sleep in a little tomorrow. I hope to finish up the book I got last weekend. It has turned out to be really good.

No comments: