Saturday, August 2, 2008

Gift#2

I can't believe it is August 2nd already! July seemed to fly by. Today's birthday gift is "The Prayer that Changes Everything - The hidden power of praising God" by Stormie Omartian. The intro to the book is "What is the prayer that changes everything"

Then The book is broken into two parts. The first part is Fifteen reasons to praise God now and the second part is Fifteen times when praise is crucial. The fifteen reasons to praise God now are:
1. Because He is my Creator
2. Because He is my Heavenly Father
3. Because He loves me
4. Because He laid down His life for me
5. Because He has forgiven me
6. Because He has given me his Holy Spirit
7. Because He gave me his Word
8. Because He is a Good God
9. Because He is Holy
10. Because He is All-Powerful
11. Because He is with me
12. Because He has a purpose for my life
13. Because He redeems all things
14. Because He is the light of the world
15. Because He Is.

This looks like a really good book. I don't think I will read more than one chapter at a time to give it time to digest.

1 comment:

Mrs. Laura Aquila, the teacher said...

I love SO's books. This sounds like a real gem. And, yes, it probably will take some time to digest each chapter. Sounds like you have a good plan.