Friday, August 15, 2008

Breakfast, messes, and DROWNED cake!!!!!!!

I enjoyed my birthday breakfast. I had hoped those sausages were like the ones I used to get from winn dixie but they were not. Oh, well. They were still good.


I made quite the mess trying to get my cake and the icing made.

Here is my totally drowned birthday cake! I used the same strawberries for the icing that I did for the cake which was a mistake - too much liquid and so the icing did not get "fluffy" like it was supposed to. I even added flour (which helped) and more sugar but just didn't get to the right consistency for the icing. I should have started over but that would have meant showering and getting dressed and going to the store for more ingredients for the icing to start over with. The cake was still decent but thus far I still like the plain old boxed kind the best. Maybe I will try to make the icing correctly for next year and try it again!

No comments: