Saturday, December 27, 2008

ICE







On Sunday, December 21st my friend Mary picked me up around 9:30 and we headed off to Nashville. We decided to do ICE first and then eat lunch. I really enjoyed that. It was definitely worth seeing. The colored ice didn't look like ice to me but it was.

We enjoyed lunch at Macaroni Grill and then headed off to the Summit Center where we were going to see the Trans-Siberian orchestra. I really enjoyed that as well and it was about a three hour show! They didn't allow picture taking during the show and even said they wouldn't let you in the door if you had a camera with you - to take it back to your car. We got there right as it was supposed to start and both had our cameras on us and we had walked an awful long way but we managed to hide them and got in the door. I felt like a criminal for sneaking it in but neither of us took any pictures even though we saw tons of camera flashes thru the concert. A guy two rows in front of us kept taking pictures with his cell phone even though he got caught and was told he couldn't take pictures.

After the show we headed back over to Opry Mills Mall and had some snacks at the Rainforest Cafe. We were both disappointed a bit because the items we wanted they no longer had on the menu. I was looking forward to a banana cheesecake they used to have that was to die for. Mary was looking for a salmon dish I think. We wound up each getting a smoothie, splitting an appetizer, and then we shared a bananas foster dessert which was HUGE and very good.

No comments: