Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Gracie update

Yes, the black kitty now has a name! Gracie seems to fit her somehow.

The vet thinks she has internal parasites even though none were detected in her stool. She is on a liquid dewormer for five days, an antibiotic liquid for 14 days, some probiotic stuff you sprinkle on their food and special food until her stool improves. The special food will probably be the biggest challenge since I will have to be careful to remember to pick up Chance's food so she can't get to it for awhile. The special food they gave me is canned so not sure what I will do about leaving them tomorrow...if I will just leave them both put up or just not leave any hard food out??? I don't think Chance really eats too much typically while I am gone anyway, but......

She has gained 0.4 pounds since she last went to the vet last Monday so that is good. She weighs 1.8 pounds now.

No comments: