Tuesday, November 11, 2008

100 things about me

This is my 100th post and I'm told you are supposed to post 100 things about yourself on the 100th post so here goes........

1. I am a Christian
2. I will turn 40 on my next birthday
3. I have four nieces and nephews.
4. I have one brother.
5. I am the oldest.
6. I wanted to trade him in for a sister. (he wanted to trade me for a brother)
7. Mom said it didn't work that way.
8. I have twins in my family. (niece & nephew)
9. My grandfather was a pastor.
10. I was in the marching band in high school and played flute.
11. I was glad I didn't play tuba because the flute got very heavy after awhile.
12. I was born with a dislocated hip.
13. It wasn't discovered until I was several months old.
14. They hung me up by my ankles in the hospital after it was discovered. Only my head and shoulders touched the bed.
15. I wore a cast from my waist to my ankles for the first year of my life.
16. After that I wore a brace that kept my legs miles apart for about another year.
17. I'm told the cast and brace didn't really slow me down much.
18. I had my first kiss at the age of about three with an older boy in Germany.
19. The pictures suggest I initiated it!
20. I'm not quite sure what happened to that kid. (me)
21. I LOVE to read.
22. Karen Kingsbury is one of my favorite authors.
23. I enjoy scrapbooking.
24. I like having pictures but I don't really like to take them or be in them.
25. I've been on a cruise to Alaska. (this year)
26. I almost drowned once in a wave pool hanging on to the side.
27. I went to a private kindergarten.
28. I've lived in three states - Alabama, Texas (briefly), and Missouri. (one year)
29. I LOVE to travel.
30. I would like to see all 50 states.
31. I don't like to clean.
32. I'm taking water aerobics and love it.
33. I have diabetes. (insulin-dependant)
34. I like the smell of ink.
35. My favorite restaurant is Carrabba's.
36. My 2nd favorite restaurant is Olive Garden.
37. I was paddled in the 3rd grade - along with half the class.
38. I flooded my apartment once. (well, the kitchen)
39. I left the water running in the kitchen sink.
40. I was filling it up to wash my uniform for work.
41. I got distracted watching my soap opera that I watched at the time and forgot to turn the water off.
42. My roommate wanted to know why every sheet and towel we owned was soaking wet in the bathtub when she got home.
43. I've been camping - once.
44. That was enough.
45. I took piano lessons.
46. I played clarinet for a year.
47. I hated it - couldn't stand the reed. It was like that sensation of someone running their fingernails down a chalkboard to me.
48. I took gymnastics.
49. I hated that too.
50. I did cheerleading (pep squad) for a year or two around the 4th grade timeframe.
51. I am a pet owner for the first time as an adult.
52. I have two kittens.
53. I have a male orange tabby named Chance.
54. I have a female black & white cat named Gracie.
55. I didn't come up with the names for either of them.
56. I love going to women of faith conferences.
57. One of my favorite memories as a kid was seeing the Harlem Globetrotters.
58. I think I'm addicted to frappacino's.
59. I don't know how to sew.
60. I cannot sing (well).
61. I'm a little afraid of heights.
62. I want to get two dogs once I get a fence.
63. My favorite movie is Shadowlands.
64. My most recent nickname is rubber duckey.
65. I almost never remember my dreams.
66. When I do remember them it is just bits and pieces and I usually think they are weird.
67. My dream vacation would be to go on a cruise back to Alaska and do some things we didn't get to do before.
68. My dream house would be one that cleans itself!
69. I'm afraid of snakes.
70. Roaches and mice gross me out.
71. My grandmother used to call me her little angel when I was growing up.
72. I went by the name Shelly until I started 3rd grade.
73. I hate to be called Shelly now.
74. I wanted to go by LeAnne (my middle name) starting in 4th grade but my mother wouldn't let me change my name that I went by again.
75. We had dogs and cats when I was growing up.
76. The pet we had the longest was a german shepherd dog named Thunder.
77. I like to spend my days off with friends or family or just vegging around the house in my jammies doing something relaxing like reading or scrapbooking.
78. I plan to go on a hot air balloon ride for my 40th birthday next year.
79. One of the stupidest things I have done was when I was about ten and I jumped up into the air and landed flat on my bottom on purpose.
80. Knocked the wind right out of me and gave me an instant headache.
81. One of my most embarrassing moments was when I was sliding down the stairs at my grandmother's house on my stomach and my pajama bottoms didn't come with me.
82. I bought my first house a few years ago.
83. My favorite ice cream is blue bell strawberries and homemade vanilla.
84. I enjoy an afternoon nap when I have the opportunity.
85. One of my favorite scriptures is Romans 8:38-39.
86. I have a webkinz account.
87. I like to watch Dancing with the Stars.
88. I enjoy playing Sudoko.
89. I'm currently reading the Yada Yada Prayer group series and they are very good.
90. I'm also currently reading The Uncommon Woman and it is good as well.
91. I can't wait to do Beth Moore's new bible study on Esther.
92. I enjoy doing counted cross-stitch but haven't done it in awhile.
93. I love bath and body works stuff.
94. Don't wear perfume much anymore but when I did my favorite perfumes were Red Door and White Diamonds.
95. Most recent movie I saw at the theater was Fireproof.
96. I bought my first pair of reading glasses about a week ago. (lowest strength)
97. I'm a huge procrastinator.
98. I'm a very sensitive person which I've found is one of my greatest strengths and also my biggest weakness.
99. I love banana milkshakes from red robin.
100. This was NOT an easy task.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I've enjoyed learning more about you.