Monday, November 17, 2008

Chance & Gracie update

I took both kitties to the vet today and that actually went fairly well with them both there. I took them in the crate though as I don't think I could hold on to them both at the same time without one or both escaping.

They both got shots. Gracie meowed like it hurt but Chance just took it.

They did NOT hear a heart murmer in Gracie this time so hopefully that was just a fluke thing and she doesn't actually have one.

Gracie weighed 2.4 pounds and Chance weighs 3.4 pounds.

I mentioned the sneezing Gracie does and Chance sneezes or coughs some too and she told me to give them benadryl and how much so I will pick up some of that tomorrow and see if that helps any.

They didn't change Chance's splint but I have all the stuff to do it and actually put this last splint on so I took it off when we got home and it is still off right now. I am not sure what is best - to put it back on or leave it off. It seems to be growing some and maybe slightly stronger since he got this different splint where the paw sticks out of it. It is kind of a catch 22 situation as far as leaving the splint on and taking it off.

I saw Dr. Johnson again today and saw Dr. White on the way out. He asked about Chance and I mentioned the surgery Dr. Johnson told me about and he commented that yes, there were some other things we could do so maybe I will try to see him the next time we are there if he is there. I don't want to put Chance thru a ton of stuff but it may be worth it to put a pin/plate in there to stabilize the foot a little better. I have some time to think about all that though since we can't do that until the growth plate closes up which will probably be several months down the road.

Unless they have problems before then, I do not have another appointment until we go back for shots in three weeks! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! And, my next appointment is on a Friday morning so maybe I can get back to the water aerobics on Monday nights.

No comments: