Sunday, September 7, 2008

Answering the wrong question....

I was talking to my friend tweety bird (I LOVE that nickname!) the other day on the phone and was having trouble hearing her so I started walking to the back of the house to use the other phone that I can hear better on. She was talking and then I could tell that she asked a question. I thought she wanted to know if I could hear her so I said "hardly". I got the phone switched out and she is rambling on and on about how she used to care about me too but not anymore. Oops!

This whole situation reminded me of my grandmother. She never admits that she hasn't heard you and so she will respond anyway like she has heard you and watch you real close to see if she has given the right answer! One evening when we were having a big family gathering my Aunt all of a sudden looked over at my grandmother and said "You are looking pretty sexy over there woman". Gramma looks at my Aunt and said "Yup". You would have to know my grandmother but we just about died laughing. Gramma looked rather confused and said "What....I didn't give you the right answer??" More laughter! Poor Gramma. It took awhile before anyone had enough composure to talk to tell her what she had agreed to!

No comments: