Wednesday, May 20, 2009

one day old kitten



This is the little kitten I helped take care of today. It was born yesterday and wasn't moving around very much so the mama cat pushed it aside. Tomkat found it and thought it was dead but then it moved. He tried to get the mama to take it but it would not. So, he took it in the house and tried to feed it himself but it would not eat anything. It would not eat at all yesterday but has been eating today. I'm amazed the little thing is still alive! I think it may be dehydrated though. If it is still alive in the morning maybe I can convince the tomkat to at least go get it some fluids under the skin so it has a better chance at survival. I had to do that with Chance when I first got him and wasn't even charged so surely it wouldn't be too much money???

2 comments:

Sherry said...

aww........i hope it makes it

Just My Life said...

What a precious little thing. My Mom had a kitten she raised from about 2 weeks old on. Her vet gave her nipples and the formula/recipe to make the kitty milk. It was a lot of work, but she loved it. And it's bouncing all over their house now, almost a year old. Hope this little bundle does well.