Sunday, May 3, 2009

Frankenstein





I looked pitiful all hooked up for my 2nd sleep study with the cpap machine. I had to wear those two "belts" around me all night and I had four probes connected to each leg as well with the wires going up each pant leg and up my shirt to be gathered with the rest of the wires behind me. I just wore the box with all the wires connected to it around my neck so I could go to the bathroom once more before being hooked up to the machine and going to bed. It took FOREVER to fall asleep (even though I had taken an ambien as well as the "good" cough medicine) and morning came way too soon but I was more than ready to potty and get unhooked.
They want you to wait to take the sleep aid until you are all hooked up but for me I do better to take it an hour or so before I want to go to sleep but I minded and did what they said. They say they have literally had people fall asleep while hooking them up when they have taken the sleep aid too early for them I guess. I can't see me doing that but one never knows.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Aren't you glad this is over?

Mrs. Laura Aquila, the teacher said...

You do look pitiful.....like, you hope this will be over soon!!! I cannot imagine being able to sleep with all of that stuff hooked up to you. Wow! I am glad you did..and that it is all said and done now :)

Brenda said...

WOW.I would have a difficult time sleeping with that stuff on me.