Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Interesting

Yesterday was an interesting day. Went to pick up a friend for lunch since she had a flat tire and couldn't meet me. Her hubby came by and filled the tire full of air and we could hear it coming back out so we held our breath while she drove the car to drop it off for repair. The hubby went back to work and we went to Pizza Hut to relieve some stress. :)
Then, we went to the Christian bookstore where I spent too much money. (relieving more stress) It is dangerous for me to wander around as I always go out with more than I went in for since I see things I either didn't know were out or things that just jump out at me.
After that venture I dropped my friend back off at work and went for my allergy shots. Then afterwards I thought it would be a good time for a krispy kreme treat. I LOVE the glazed cream filled donuts. I bought a couple and some milk and set off back to work to enjoy my heavenly treat.
You know what was inside those cream filled donuts????????????????????????? NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO CREAM!
I kept taking a bite and looking at it and turned it around to see if anything was coming out the backside and NOTHING. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CREAM.
Not that I really needed the cream or the donuts themselves but I was so disappointed.
Later that evening I got a text about going to dinner at one of my favorite Mexican places so I went. It was good, but I didn't need it either. Hung out at her house afterwards for a little bit and came back home to do a few things and crashed.

The bad thing about the cream donut thing was that I got this crazy idea (from someone else) that I would ask God to show me how much He loved me that day. None of us really 'get' God's love for us I don't think so I thought that might not be such a bad idea to ask Him to show me so maybe I will 'get' it better. So, I'm looking at this cream donut with no cream going 'is this it?????????????????????' Hmmmmmmmm

I did however find a book at the Christian bookstore entitled "God Speaks your love language".

2 comments:

Sherry said...

What a picture of life without God's love an empty cream filled donut! It's looks all yummy from the outside but empty on the inside.

God loves us so much that sometimes he doesn't give us what we want!

Brenda said...

I was having the thought that God loves you sooooooo much that there is no way that all that love could be put inside of that donut. Just think how little cream there would have been in that donut, not even close to a comparison of God's love.

I find God's love in the simple things (ie, someone holding the door open for me, an upfront parking place in the rain). Silly I know, but God is funny. Just think, no cream, you starting thinking about God. He was just refocusing your day.