Sunday, February 1, 2009

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Went to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang with the girls yesterday. I really enjoyed it except for the periods of time where I was zoned out or not in the room due to a very low blood sugar. I had a granola bar with me but it didn't do any good. My friend had a blow pop with her and I ate that while they went to get me a coke during intermission. Of course the ushers would not let her bring it to me even though I'm sitting there ready to pass out! I got to the door and drank the coke and managed to get downstairs to the bathroom and check it and it was 59 at that time. I got another coke and a reese cup from the concession stand and sat downstairs for awhile until I felt better. Went back to the bathroom and checked it and it was up to 90 so I went back upstairs just as my friend was coming to check on me. That was a rough one. I don't remember feeling so rough in quite a long time as I did with this low. I had checked it before we went in to be seated and it was about 170 so I figured I would be fine thru the show. NOT. My WHOLE MOUTH was numb: tongue, lips, check........... I felt like I couldn't hardly talk because my tongue was numb and felt so thick.

The funny part of this was that my friends went to the bar to get my coke! They were walking in there with my friend's 8 year old and half way in the room it dawned on her that she was taking her child into the bar so she told the other friend to "GET HER OUT OF HERE". Then that friend while standing outside the door saw another friend that we knew was going to be there and told her that B was in there getting a drink!

Then on the way home we had another adventure. We had just dropped A off at her spend the night party and B got a wild hair which shocked S and a word we weren't expecting just slipped right out of her mouth. I think poor S thought we were about to have an accident and B was wondering if S said what she thought she said. You probably really had to be there but it was funny at the time - or at least we thought it was.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

bars? foul language? What kind of people are you hanging out with?

It was an entertaining day!
I enjoyed it.